You know, every blogger at on point or another sees a story unfolding before him/her and thinks, “This is gonna make an incredible blog post,” and the news interview I saw today was exactly that. Watch the following interview between WDIV’s (NBC-4) Devin Scillian and former Councilwoman turned Mayoral candidate turned Mayoral aide:
I haven’t seen that much bull crap since – heck – I can’t figure out when I’ve seen that much bull crap.
That interview was so hilarious (yet sad) that I called my grandma (a hard-core liberal, but anti-Kwame advocate) halfway through the interview and said, “Grandma, turn on Channel 4. Sharon McPhail’s making an idiot out of herself.”
Let’s look at some of what McPhail said:
- Arguing that Windsor is “across the street” and should be treated as part of this country! Come on – he broke the terms of his bond. There’s no way that you can say he was justified in going to Windsor. (3:45)
- Saying that a “bar member means nothing.” Bull crap – he should’ve known better. He DID know better. If you can’t tell the legal difference between Windsor and Detroit, you shouldn’t have passed the bar.
- On to my favorite part, the exchange about this being the media’s fault:
Scillian: “Detroit is being splattered all over the headlines in very bad terms. We’ve got a mayor whose spent the night in jail, the first time in 300 years that this city’s been in existence that that’s happened.”
McPhail: “Here’s a thought: stop printing those headlines.”
Scillian: “Ignore the truth?”
McPhail: “No, I didn’t say ignore the truth, I said, “stop printing the headlines.’ I would really love it if people stopped ignoring the truth.”
Scillian: “I’m confused. Are you blaming the messenger?”
McPhail: “You are, and that’s exactly the point. … you do not have to take the position that everybody else is wrong and you are right, because usually that’s not true.”
Now, I’ve been one to criticize the media, and say they need to be put in their place every once in a while, but this was just crazy.
- Arguing that the cops intentionally went to the mayor’s sister’s house to serve the subpoena on Ferguson. They saw the vehicle, and hoped he was there. Even IF they did it knowing whose house it was, that’s not illegal.
- Scillian: “Sharon McPhail, it is always an experience talking to you.”
What a cocky, stubborn idiot. I mean, the level of support for the mayor there is just incredibly sad. Even after all he’s done, she supports him! And her arguments are just incredibly stupid as well. She really has come a long way from once running against the mayor. The way she defends him, she’s acting like she’s sleeping with him too!
So, hopefully that provided you non-Detroiters some entertainment. For you Detroiters, I’m sorry that you have to live with that. I pray that this ends for you soon (hopefully our Governor will act on this – there’s a hearing coming up, I THINK next week).
Tags: 36th District Court, Assault, Attorney, Ayanna Kilpatrick, Bobby Ferguson, Bond, Brian White, Canada, Court, Court Case, crime, Criminal, criminals, Detroit, Devin Scillian, Governor, guilty, Hearing, jail, Jennifer Granholm, Joann Kinney, Judge, Kwame Kilpatrick, Law, Laws, Lawyer, Mayor, Media, Michigan, NBC, Ontario, Perjury, Police, Ronald Giles, Scandal, Sharon McPhail, Thomas Jackson, WDIV, Windsor