My rating – best to worst – based on the debating skills, NOT how I feel about the candidate and his issues:
1. Huckabee – I LOVED when he just tore the crap out of Ron Paul (who is a nutjob by the way) – he came across as I believe the strongest candidate out of the 8 & very passionate
2. Hunter – He came out strong as well – again, very passionate
3. Tancredo – Another strong debate who was very passionate in the issues
4. Romney – And here’s where we get in to the mediocre candidates. Unfortunately, Romney, my candidate (although I like all of the above 3 – especially Huckabee) didn’t really do well, although he didn’t do poorly. In my mind, Romney, McCain, and Brownback were all sorta tied – they weren’t really active, but their debating wasn’t poor – just par.
5. McCain – again – not a bad debater, just mediocre – he had some strong points, but nothing over the top like the 1st 3
6. Brownback – again, like the last 2 – there was nothing really strong from him in my mind
7. Giuliani – “I fixed the crime in New York”, now on to Paul. OK, a slightly exaggerated joke, but still, does he have ANYTHING else to say? He debated poorly in my mind – he needs to move off of the fact that he was mayor and lowered crime – talk about other issues.
8. Paul – WOW! He got torn apart by Huckabee. I’ll see if I can (legally) get a clip of the argument – but I just loved the cheering afte Paul, and then Huckabee responded and this ROAR erupted.
9. Thompson – HE DIDN’T SHOW UP! This really hurt him in my mind – and I liked the little bash section at the beginning!
Please post your rankings! I tried to look for coding that would allow me to do this, but couldn’t find any free poll coding that would allow me to embed it in a blog while also allowing voters to rank the options – I guess beggers can’t look a gift horse before it hatches! lol